LauraCarter

Bookish Treasures

My name is Laura and I am a huge fan of YA, NA and fantasy novels. I proudly support both indie and traditionally published authors. You can check out my blog for reviews, interviews, guest posts and more at http://www.bookishtreasures.blogspot.com

SKY
R.E. Palmer
Playing For Keeps (The Game, #2)
Emma Hart

The Love Game (The Game, #1)

The Love Game (The Game, #1) - Emma  Hart

Emma Hart really does know how to write a great New Adult romance novel. Relatable characters, a sweet romance, the occasional steamier scene, a dash of humour and a sprinkling of drama.

The story revolves around this challenge "The Love Game" that the two main characters have separately been set. Maddie and her friends are trying to change Braden's womanising ways by showing him how it feels to be "humped and dumped" whilst Braden just wants in Maddie's pants and he knows the only way is through her heart. You can probably guess what might happen next.

Maddie and Braden are such a perfect couple but at the same time it is only a challenge. Or is it? The Love Game is told from a dual POV so we get to see each characters side to the story. We get to see them both fall head over heels in love, struggle with their feelings and realise they made quite a big mistake agreeing to the game.

I love a book where we get to see the guys POV as it is so uncommon in books yet I think we all want to hear the guys thoughts as he falls in love. The author does an incredible job of getting into the head of a 19 year old guy, or at least I (a girl) think she does :P Braden seemed very real to me. He still has that slightly immature outlook on life you expect from a guy his age but he is starting to grow up and become more mature.

The Love Game is a great book that I would recommend to all romance fans especially those that love NA. You get to watch the characters grow up and stop being teenagers that don't realise the consequences of their actions. This book is a perfect example of what makes something New Adult.

*I received this book from the author in exchange for a honest review, this has not affected my thoughts on the book in any way*

Source: http://www.bookishtreasures.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/the-love-game-blog-tour.html