LauraCarter

Bookish Treasures

My name is Laura and I am a huge fan of YA, NA and fantasy novels. I proudly support both indie and traditionally published authors. You can check out my blog for reviews, interviews, guest posts and more at http://www.bookishtreasures.blogspot.com

SKY
R.E. Palmer
Playing For Keeps (The Game, #2)
Emma Hart

Strength

Strength - Carrie Butler

This review and others can be found at http://www.bookishtreasures.blogspot.com

I thought Strength was a great New Adult book and I loved the paranormal twist to it. It was different to other books of this genre that I have read and I loved that about it. The characters are great, the romance is sweet whilst also being incredibly steamy and the background to the story is very interesting.

Rena is such a fiery, powerful character. Although she doesn’t possess any powers, her emotional strength and unwillingness to give up makes her very special. Not many people would be able to remain as strong as Rena does during the things she goes through nor would they try to fight people that basically have super powers.

Wallace is another amazing character; sexy, smart and a social outcast due to being misunderstood (yes you heard me right; this is an NA book where the guy ISN’T a popular bad boy who sleeps around all the time). He is also mysterious and secretive with a dark past. Together Wallace and Rena make a couple that you just really want to be together and you root for their relationship.

There are some very interesting secondary characters that I really want to read more about especially Cole. I detested him to start but I did grow to like him slightly and there seems to be lots of depth to his personality.

I really loved the second half of the book as this is where the paranormal aspects starts to come into play and the action really gets going. The heat between the two main characters also becomes scorching. The sex scenes, well, almost-sex scenes, sizzle with lots of passion and sexual tension.

I can’t wait to see what happens next for Wallace, Rena and all the other characters in the next book in the series. After how the book ended I can’t wait for more and I am also looking forwards to finding out more about the Dynari. This is a book I would definitely recommend and I think everyone should mark their calendars for its release in March.

*I received an e-arc copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, this has not affected my opinions of the book in any way”

Source: http://www.bookishtreasures.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/review-of-strength.html